Home > CD > From Broadway to Vienna:The Musical Goes Symphonic
From Broadway to Vienna:The Musical Goes Symphonic
Take 13 of the greatest songs that have come from Broadway, combine them with a world-renowned orchestra that highlights the talents of almost 90 musicians representing 15 different nationalities, and add in Chesky quality audiophile recording at 96-kHz/24-bit audiophile recording- the result is classic entertainment and fantastic sound with Caspar Richter and the Orchester der Vereinigten Bühnen Wien taking you from Broadway to Vienna as The Musical Goes Symphonic.
After years of performing great Broadway classics in various musical theaters of Vienna, including the Theater an der Wien, the oldest and perhaps most beautiful theater of Vienna, Caspar Richter began to formulate plans to record an orchestral CD featuring the Orchestra's arrangements from popular musicals. This unique concept takes this outstanding orchestra, which divides responsibilities for performing in two or three musical theaters, and creates the opportunity to record as a combined, large orchestra creating a sound and vibrancy that honors the spirit of the Broadway musical.
Great songwriters such as Leonard Bernstein, George Gershwin and Andrew Lloyd Webber are well represented on this album as the Orchester der Vereinigten Bühnen Wien give outstanding performances of songs from Gypsy, Girl Crazy, Wonderful Town, and Sunset Boulevard. In addition to the works of Broadway fame, the program finishes off with pieces from three productions that premiered in the Vienna Theaters.
If you are a fan of Broadway music this album needs to be in your collection!
1. "Overture" from Gypsy
2. "Overture" from How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying
3. "Overture" from Girl Crazy
4. "Conga" from Wonderful Town
5. "A Simple Song" from Mass
6. "I Can Cook, Too" from On The Town
7. "Overture" from Lady in the Dark
8. "Instrumental Medley" from The Secret Garden
9. "Entr'acte" from Sunset Boulevard
10. "Overture" from Chicago
11. "The Red Boots" from Dance of the Vampires
12. "Instrumental Medley" from Mozart!
13. "Instrumental Medley" from Elisabeth